My Self-Portrait!

My Self-Portrait!

        In my self portrait, I chose to represent myself by filming 2 minutes of the Sporting KC vs. Portland game. I chose to represent myself this way because my family is a soccer family and I love playing soccer. What I wanted to show others about myself is that I love getting hyped for games and being with my family and playing soccer. The video that inspired me the most in class was Malik's video. What inspired me was that he was using music to show who he is and I love music and I have always wanted to buy a launchpad for music.

         Some choices I made were to make sure I got most of the field and the seating to show that there were a lot of people there. I used a wide shot to show where I was in the stands and I used the lighting of the stands and outside because it wasn't nighttime yet. I also showed video of the jumbo screen because it shows a introduction to the game.  All these things connect to what I wanted to show about myself because all of these things were at the field.

          Ultimately, what I hope viewers gain by looking at my work is that I’m a hard worker and stay on task and love sports. I think I was successful in achieving this because of the elements in my video like lighting and the camera view and panning. Next time I create a self-portrait, I will make a video of my dog because she is really sweet and this shows that I’m a dog person and I could get different view points and try different lighting. Overall, what I learned from the process of creating my self-portrait is that it can take time and a lot of hard work or it could take not as long with a little amount of work and it depends on the situation or project.

Comentarios