ONW Feature Story

ONW Feature Story

By Ethan Moore


         The story that we chose for the assignment was that John Wallace lived in Colombia for 3 years.
The pre-production process was probably the hardest phase in our project because we couldn't think of what to write for a storyboard, so we kinda came up with most of our b-roll right on the spot. We didn't have trouble with coming up with the questions for John though. For the actual production process, we had a little bit of trouble for what we could film for our b-roll since we didn't have a storyboard. our interview went really well and I thought John responded well to the questions. The post-production process was personally hard for me since the sequencing took some time. We also had to do a voice over which also took some time but I redid it after I got a critique for my video.

         My role in the process was the reporter who interviewed John about his time and experience in Colombia. What I learned was that you shouldn't have the subject being interviewed face the same way that the camera was facing and to make sure that my audio is balanced. I thought that me and drew kept the team in check really well and kept each other on task. Wha I would do different is maybe interview someone about something else or get b-roll of John speaking Spanish since he lived in Colombia. I don't think I would do a lot of things the same since I personally thought that I didn't do that good. Some experiences that I will keep are to improve on audio and storytelling or scripting.

Comentarios